Majestic in its solitude, this bird will spark determination and depth. The orange background will increase oxygen supply to the brain, stimulating mental activity and producing an invigorating effect, while the blue of the bird will slow your metabolism and have a calming effect.
I wanted to capture the dynamic variation in tempo and emotion that you experience while listening to Act II of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, in visual form.
In Act II, the flowing soft, solitary music of Prince Siegfried finding himself alone on the shores of the swan lake, and seeing the divine Odette for the first time, are punctuated by deep, colossal, dramatic dives – with the whole orchestra in full stroke – as he learns of the curse on the swan maidens and the evil deeds of the sorcerer Rothbart.
This lone blue bird is heavily influenced by the graceful essence of the Swan Queen herself. The energetic strokes in the background hint at the encircling tumult, like a tempest whipping at tree branches, yet the gale is unable to agitate the bird that sits calmly on its chosen branch; swaying and bobbing in the wind but not losing balance.
- Printed on acid-free paper in vivid colours that won’t fade
- The paper has a beautiful smooth matte finish
- Ideal for framing
- The archival-quality paper is thick and durable
- Wrapped in a protective sheet & delivered in a sturdy cardboard tube
- As good as original work at a fraction of the cost
- Please note that lighting and screen settings may affect the appearance of the colours
- Shipping will be calculated during checkout
You can read more about the making of this collection here.